“Mercer colleagues around the world are working together to build strong, thriving communities."
Julio A. Portalatin, President and CEO, Mercer
Scopri in questa sezione le attività di CSR di Mercer, sia a livello internazionale che locale.
Our Mercer Cares Business Resource Group
We are advocates for corporate social responsibility not just in the way we do business, but also in our commitment to helping our communities.
Mercer Cares is a signature global program that supports and encourages colleague-driven volunteering in the communities where we live and work.
“Mercer Cares is successful because of teamwork. I’m grateful to work with a team of gifted, compassionate and dedicated people from all levels in the organization who are eager to serve their communities and promote human kindness.” — Mercer Cares Chapter Co-Leader, Chicago
How Mercer Cares Makes a Difference
- Strategically Aligned Nonprofit Partnerships – In collaboration with Marsh & McLennan Companies, Mercer partners with select nonprofit organizations to create high-impact initiatives in the areas of education and disaster preparedness and recovery. Mercer is also a proud supporter International Red Cross and Red Crescent Network globally.
- Global Reach, Local Impact – Colleagues have access to year-round opportunities to participate in mentorship and other community-focused volunteering initiatives with our nonprofit partners and local organizations.
- Harnessing Personal Passion – Each year, Mercer colleagues dedicate thousands of volunteer hours to support an array of important initiatives including education, the environment, health and wellness, poverty alleviation, and veterans affairs.
- Dedicated Time Off to Volunteer – All colleagues may take one paid day off each year to volunteer in their communities.
- Recognition and Rewards – Colleagues who have given back to their communities in extraordinary ways are recognized and rewarded for their volunteer efforts through our Volunteer Recognition Programs.
Global Volunteer Month
Ogni anno, nel mese di maggio, ai dipendenti Mercer viene offerta la possibilità di dare il proprio contributo positivo alla crescita delle comunità locali, attraverso una giornata di volontariato aziendale.
Nel corso del 2016 più di 1900 colleghi in oltre 110 città hanno messo la propria passione, tempo e talento a disposizione di cause in cui credevano, per un totale di 14400 ore di lavoro volontario.
Scoprite in questa infografica i dati di sintesi del nostro Mercer "Global Volunteer Month".
Mercer Portugal helps rebuild a small village.
During the 2015 Global Volunteer Month, 109 Mercer colleagues in Portugal spent a day rehabilitating and renovating buildings in the small village of Canha, south of Lisbon, Portugal. Together with other volunteers from Marsh & McLennan Companies, they contributed over 1,000 volunteer hours.
Teams of colleagues joined Canha’s local authorities to restore and renovate the local church, public gardens, primary school, kindergarten, a small museum, and the local community house, where elderly people in the village meet to relax and socialize.
“This initiative was very important because Mercer helped improve the community’s quality of living and local infrastructures. It was also an extraordinary experience for us. It is incredible to see what we learn when we have the opportunity to interact with the local population.” — Diogo Alarcão, CEO of Mercer in Portugal
You’ll have access to a network of more than 6,000 Mercer colleagues around the world and be the first to know about Mercer’s latest innovations, culture change initiatives, job openings and more.