“Mercer colleagues around the world are working together to build strong, thriving communities."
Julio A. Portalatin, President and CEO, Mercer
Mercer colleagues make a difference in their communities through the Mercer Cares BRG, which harnesses our people’s passion for making a meaningful impact in their communities through volunteering.
Our Mercer Cares Business Resource Group
We are advocates for corporate social responsibility not just in the way we do business, but also in our commitment to helping our communities. Mercer Cares is a signature global program that supports and encourages colleague-driven volunteering in the communities where we live and work.
“Mercer Cares is successful because of teamwork. I’m grateful to work with a team of gifted, compassionate and dedicated people from all levels in the organization who are eager to serve their communities and promote human kindness.” — Mercer Cares Chapter Co-Leader, Chicago
How Mercer Cares Makes a Difference
- Strategically Aligned Nonprofit Partnerships – In collaboration with Marsh & McLennan Companies, Mercer partners with select nonprofit organizations to create high-impact initiatives in the areas of education and disaster preparedness and recovery. Mercer is also a proud supporter of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Network globally.
- Global Volunteer Month – Each May, as a way to increase the impact of our year-round volunteering program, Mercer Cares partners with our colleagues, our clients and our nonprofit partners to make a positive difference in our communities by volunteering together. Download the full infographic to learn more about Global Volunteer Month.
- Global Reach, Local Impact – Colleagues have access to year-round opportunities to participate in mentorship and other community-focused volunteering initiatives with our nonprofit partners and local organizations.
- Supporting Local Causes – Each year, Mercer colleagues dedicate thousands of volunteer hours to support an array of important initiatives including education, the environment, health and wellness, poverty alleviation, and veterans affairs.
- Recognition and Rewards – Colleagues who have given back to their communities in extraordinary ways are recognized and rewarded for their volunteer efforts through our Volunteer Recognition Programs.
- Dedicated Time Off to Volunteer – All colleagues may take one paid day off each year to volunteer in their communities.
Mercer Cares In Action
Watch colleagues from our Mercer Portugal office transform a community center for children.
You’ll have access to a network of more than 6,000 Mercer colleagues around the world and be the first to know about Mercer’s latest innovations, culture change initiatives, job openings and more.